March 6, 2009

Harper Government to Deport War Resister Kim Rivera and Family

The following urgent posting is from We Move To Canada:

Updates below.

I've just received some very bad news. War Resister Kimberly Rivera, her husband Mario, and their three children Christian (age 7), Rebecca (age 4) and Katie (age 3 months), are being deported.

They will soon be called to the CBSA office, where they will receive a final deportation date, probably for two weeks from their appearance.

Now that we've heard, I can tell you a little about what's been going on in this terrible, convoluted case. When I say "a little," that's only because it's very confusing and difficult to explain. This is a shorthand version.
....updates...

I've removed my earlier explanation of what happened in the Rivera case, as I've learned that it was so pared down as to be grossly inaccurate! Sorry about that. I was trying to push some relevant parties into giving us a simple statement, and it may have worked. I will fill in as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, I will just say that the Harper Government is persecuting this family and it has got to stop!

* * * *
The Riveras are out of time.

My heart is breaking. And I am seething with anger.

If this upsets you half as much as it does me, tell your MP, tell Stephen Harper, tell Jason Kenney. This Saturday, come out to International Women's Day and march with the War Resisters Support Campaign in support of Kim Rivera.

* * * *

Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Jason Kenney
613.954.1064 ministry office
613.992.2235 parliamentary office
minister@cic.gc.ca
Kenney.j@parl.gc.ca

Copies to opposition party immigration critics:
Maurizio Bevilacqua (Liberal): bevilacqua.m@parl.gc.ca
Olivia Chow (NDP): chow.o@parl.gc.ca
Thierry St-Cyr (Bloc): st-cyr.t@parl.gc.ca

The Right Hon. Stephen Harper
613.992.4211
pm@pm.gc.ca

And your own MP.

We are angry and disgusted. This is not what the Canadian people want. Say so!

No comments: