-the following post and video is from Democracy Now.
The private military contractor Triple Canopy is at the center of a new controversy in Iraq. A twenty-five-year-old employee named Adam Hermanson died ten days ago after apparently being electrocuted while taking a shower in his living quarters at Triple Canopy’s base inside the Green Zone in Baghdad. Hermanson’s family is alleging Triple Canopy misled them about how he died, perhaps to cover up faulty electrical wiring at the firm’s facilities. In a Democracy Now! exclusive broadcast, we speak with Adam Hermanson’s mother Patricia, his seventeen-year-old brother Jesse, and with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, who broke the story in The Nation magazine.