February 4, 2010

Howard Zinn: "I can think of nothing more important in stopping the war in Iraq than for the soldiers themselves to refuse to fight."

This man was a refreshing beacon in my life. Every Zinn piece I ever read enlightened me. Whenever I saw him speak, in person or in a video, I was always moved to be a better person. Although his death is a great loss to the world, his life was a huge win for all of us. Thank you, Howard, for all of it. Now it's time for you to rest.

Courage to Resist's Jeff Paterson writes:
Professor Zinn never wavered in his support of the troops who refused to fight. Last year he shared:
“I would urge people to support Courage to Resist in whatever way they can. I can think of nothing more important in stopping the war in Iraq than for the soldiers themselves to refuse to fight. As a veteran myself I know how difficult it is to break out of the stranglehold the military has on one's mind, and how much courage that takes. Those who make such a decision need all the support we can give them, and Courage to Resist does just that.”

-thanks to Courage to Resist for the graphic and quote.

No comments: